The Wrist-Assist was designed by a nail professional to relieve the strain associated with the nail industry. It lifts the client's hands and allows them to float in all directions over the workstation. This allows the professional to achieve proper posture, placement and movement with minimal effort. Placed upright, on its end, it provides even higher support.
Technicians with smaller hands tend to prefer the original size. Technicians with average to large hands tend to prefer the large size.
It is also relaxing for the client and keeps them from "helping you". It was designed to be sanitized between clients and can be decorated to use as a canvas for your artwork! You can choose between two cushion sizes, or, the kit comes with both, enabling support at three different heights. Please see what others have said about this product.
This video is by the fabulous Holly Schippers
- Make sure the client is sitting straight and relaxed.
- Place the wrist-assist on the station where it is most comfortable for the technician. Make sure it is close enough to achieve correct posture.
- Place wrist-assist so that the technician's supporting wrist is in a neutral (straight) position.
- Technician's arms, wrists, hands and fingers should remain relaxed, only having to guide the clients fingertips.
- Move wrist-assist from hand to hand as your working.
- Sanitize with disinfectant between clients.
- Best used during steps requiring flexibility in client hand placement, such as, e-filing, hand filing, acrylic application, gel application, pushing back cuticles, buffing, and massaging.
- May be placed at an angle.
- Relax client's wrist over cushion first, roll as close as necessary, then let the weight of their arm drop.
- Guide the clients fingers in all four directions without lifting them.
- Best used during steps requiring higher, more stable client hand placement, such as, nail art and gel polish removal.
- Rest the client's palms over the disk end portion so fingers drape freely over the edge.
Amazing new learning curve
I have already gotten my clients into the habit of putting there hands where I need them, so this is a bit of a change… however it has really helped a ton with the clients that like to arm wrestle!
This is a must have in the salon!
5 stars great product
Sad it took me so long to purchase this!